There are several reasons why parents request a change to an existing custody contract. Some of the most common are when one of the parents: A judge generally does not grant custody, unless a parent has a stable job and stable housing. If this stability is lost, it may result in a change in child care. Since you must present evidence in court, it is always best to work with an experienced family lawyer to change custody of the children because of violations of the existing arrangement or order. A court will consider why a parent would consider changing a child care regime before ordering a change to the current custody order. You may be able to resolve your custody and mediation visit issues with the help of a trained mediator. If you do, the Ombudsman will probably help you write an agreement that the judge can sign, so it is a court order. If you do not reach an agreement in mediation, you will both go before the judge so that he or she can make a decision in your case or, in the counties where there is a “child care board,” the counsellor will make a recommendation to the judge. Learn more about the on-call agency. To get an overview of child care and the process of visiting children, read: Most courts think that children enjoy spending time with both parents.

However, you know that shared custody is not appropriate in all situations. Parents whose current child care system no longer works for them may be required to apply to court for a change in custody. After attempts to communicate with a parent, there are several reasons why another parent wishes to amend the current custody agreement. More information can be found here on why a parent should consider changing child care. When one parent takes the child to a dangerous environment — such as taking the child to buy drugs, or having an unsanitary and dangerous home (as in the case of daycare) – the other parent can ask the court to change custody. There are several places and circumstances that can create a dangerous environment for children. If you are not sure that something is qualified, talk to your stockton lawyer about the situation. She can help you clarify things. Every parent has a responsibility to take care of their children. If a parent does not take on that responsibility, for example. B by not providing adequate food, shelter and clothing – or if the parent is not emotionally caring for the child – you may have a reason to change custody of the children.

Negative circumstances may justify a change of guard, but also positive changes.